As individuals we have to take care of all the aspects of our lives if we are to remain whole. If we neglect one, we are likely to suffer and cope less effectively. Being balanced and using effective coping will help us move forward through grief.
From Our Experience
Factors Affecting the Grieving Process
- The personality of the person who is grieving
- The relationship with the person who died
- The way the loved one passed away
- The grieving person’s coping skills and mental health
- The amount of support the grieving person has
- The grieving person’s cultural and religious background
- The grieving person’s social and financial position
Everyone copes with the death of a loved on in a unique way, but generally over time those coping skills will improve and the impact of grief will lessen. Severe grief, Complicated Grief, that is not improving over time may need treatment.