Receiving Grace Badge

We invite you to act on the things you have been reading and to discover the difference that acting makes in your healing.

Below are a list of readings that each have specific questions to ponder and journal about.  After you have completed the readings and the questions, we invite you to try one of the challenges.  Keep track of your progress and then use the link to post back about your experience either on the forum or in the comment section of the related blog post. As you LEARN, ACT and SHARE your experiences you will find growth and healing in the process. Be patient with yourself.  Move forward at the pace that you and your circumstances allow, but try to do a little everyday and you will find relief from the pain of your grief.

Join now

Join the Receiving Grace group

Share your experiences and read the experiences of others on this journey

LEARN: Read Post- Offering a Broken Heart

ACT: Questions to ponder and journal about:

1. What aspects of a contrite spirit do you need to work on offering? How does prayer and studying the scriptures help me to sacrifice?

Challenge: Focus on being more contrite in your prayers. Study topics in the scriptures or on this blog that will help you offer a contrite spirit. Here are some areas you may want to study Accepting God’s will, Changing or repenting, Choosing your reaction. Pick one area to offer to the Lord more completely with your broken heart.  Do this through your prayers, but also through your inner desires and actions.

SHARE: your experience

2. Are there pieces of my broken heart that I am holding on to? Do regrets, despair and negative thoughts or loneliness keep me from moving forward?

Challenge: Study some posts about the issue you struggle with.  Journal about what you learn and how you can overcome those thoughts and emotions.  Set some goals and use prayer and study as you offer that piece of your broken heart with a contrite spirit.

LEARN: Read Post- At Last I See the Light

3. What can you do to feel the light when despair comes over you? How does faith and turning to God allow us to better receive His grace?

Challenge: Practice doing things that help you better feel God’s light.  Record in your journal your experiences and how your perspective has changed

LEARN: Read Post- How Can Goodbyes to Help Me Grow

4. When have you been enabled by grace?  How do those past experiences give you hope?

Challenge: Record some of your past experiences when you have felt enablement come. Make an effort to be more obedient and dedicated to God in some aspect of your life.  Pray for strength to be able to deal with your trials.  Note when you feel help and express gratitude for that help.